Saturday 9 December 2017

Poetry night

So I went to a poetry night last night. Cor as soon I walked through that door, it was like being back in London town on my coming out days! The place was packed with some lesbians some queer, I guess maybe one or 2 bisexuals. I know we don't all want to label this anymore but it was a vast amount of beautiful looking people. I saw my friend do a performance and then I broke out and sided up to the owner to ask her some info on the next one. (Yes I'm sure that wasn't a great idea but yere I think I can handle it!) I was like what was in my wine, but I guess it was all the energy I was feeling from these women in the little room telling me go go go. There was a strange pre type school teacher telling the audience to read off a piece of paper, I wasn't sure on that one, felt like we were learning the alphabet at Sunday school. Then their was an Italian, thou she did sound French I'm sure of it. A women that sung a version of Tear Drops which I have to add was quite special and the women at the end reading her poems from her book, now what's that all about. A true poet would have a bit of paper, it was boring to hear about her books. This wasn't a book launch love, put them away. So as Dylan said to the bishop 'if you go I will remember you' (LINE FROM POEM) Lets hope they do and I don't get tomato blasted off that stage! Till then Check out Devils Dyke Network on facebook for future events

No comments:

Post a Comment